Friday, January 20, 2006

Posting from Alex

It's our last day in Mississippi. There are many mixed feelings about this. One one hand, I wouldn't mind staying longer and helping more people. On the other hand I'm physically and mentally exhausted from all of the hard work cleaning out the houses and seeing so much unspeakable destruction. I can't believe how fast time flew by when we started working and got into our routines. Waking up, eating breakfast, going to the work site, taking a lunch break, working some more, going back, and eating dinner (at a restaraunt, if lucky). We got so much accomplished in such a short time and brightened up the lives of so many people. I will never forget how D's eyes filled up with tears of happiness after we cleaned her house. It makes me feel good that amidst all of this destruction we accually made a difference for someone. It seems like only yesterday that I stepped off of the plane, and soon I will be going back, but the things I've seen and experienced will stay with me for a lifetime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home