Friday, January 20, 2006

Posting from Mark

Even though today was the last day that we will be here in Mississippi, it feels as though we've just started what needs to be done. Our group split up; some of us returning to Miss D's and some starting over at a new house. I was in the van to Miss D's. A part of me didn't want to go through the process of sorting another's possessions again. I could barely take it all in the first time. As sad a situation as it is, working with Miss D is always a pleasure. She's always around checking out what we're doing. Today she came in while we were spraying the house and told us how much we had done for her. She said she would try to come to Minnesota sometime (only when its above 7 degrees). This trip has shown me how good people can be. There's no doubt that we all have our faults, and that we come from very different backgrounds. But everyone I've met is here to help. I hear constant calls to loved ones at home, and how we miss them. They have chosen to be here instead, and it makes me immensely proud to be a part of it. It doesnt really matter that our motivations are different. After finally acclimatizing myself to the daily work schedule and weather (sorry about the snow up there...but not too sorry) we will all have to return to normalcy tommorow. And though it does sound rather cliche, we really will take a piece of this with us for the rest of our lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home